5 Top Tips to Moving Abroad Stress Free
Buying a property overseas can be a very exciting prospect, the possibility of an investment or perhaps a great summer escape – however this process should be a completely stress free experience from start to finish – including the aggravating task of shipping your belongings abroad – although, some have chosen to buy furniture packages and anything else close to the property.
To prevent the stress of moving abroad – we will provide you with some tips and pointers below on how you can ensure a smooth transition of goods from the UK or anywhere in Europe to your dream property overseas.
So lets begin..
- Plan which items you wish to take a few months in advance, and research how much it would cost to replace the items you don’t want to take – many household items are usually more expensive abroad
- Plan your travel dates and packing dates with your removal company at least 2 months in advance, that way you have peace of mind
- Organise the things you don’t need – car boot sales and Ebay are great ways to sell your items quickly.
- As a bare minimum, you should select an international mover of whom has achieved the highest level of service within the industry – The mover would have attained FAIM accreditation which is the only independent quality assurance standard for the international moving industry
It would be wise to also ask if the company is a member of the British Association of Removers Overseas Group, Bar Overseas and FIDI Global Alliance – which is covered by the I.M.M.I Advance payment guaranteeing scheme for your own financial protection.
- The Cost of International Removal will depend on the quantity of household items you wish to move – most reputable international removal companies will offer a free no-obligation home survey to offer advice on the types of items, giving you a quote to sum everything up.
- You can also take you car abroad, as long as it has been owned and used for 12 months prior to your month and is not for resale – it will then be exempt from GST and customs duty – you will need to obtain a statement of compliance or import permit prior to being shipped.
- Prepare and complete Transit Protection form three weeks before moving
- Complete all necessary documents, and make sure they have been returned to your move coordinator one before moving.
- Removal day! – relax, and let the removal crew take care of everything else!